Extra-curricular Activities, Incursions And Excursions
Excursions and incursions are seen as an integral part of our curriculum as they enable children to explore, extend and enrich their learning and their social skills development, in a non-school setting. Excursions/incursions may have a cultural, environmental or outdoor emphasis and complement the educational programs offered at Leylands Learning Centre. An excursion is defined as any activity beyond the child care grounds. An incursion is an activity that involves school visitors who provide performance, lesson or service for children.
Some of the excursions and incursions we provide are:
- Happy Feet Fitness: fitness, music and cultural experience. Offered every week.
- Multisport: Footie, Soccer, Basketball and Netball. Offered every week. (Little Champions)
- Young Australian Workshop: Indigenous education through performances.
- School Performance Tours: Environmental education, Cultural experience, Stories and literacy, Healthy eating, Music and Poetry etc.
- Woolworth Fresh Food Discovery Tour: fruits, vegetables and healthy eating habits